COMPLETE GUIDE ON HOW TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10
As you may know support for the previous version of windows ended on January 14, 2010, and it’s recommended that you upgrade to the latest version of windows to gain access to its new features.
In this article, I will be giving you a complete guide to upgrading your computer to the latest version which is windows 10 with ease.
Do you know you can start using Windows 10 without formatting the system and running a new OS?
Currently, users of Windows 7 and below no longer have access to:
- Technical support for any issues
- Software updates
- Security updates and fixes
So, therefore, it’s necessary to upgrade to windows 10
SEE ALSO: Getting started with Microsoft Team
STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10
- Visit the link microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 on your browser to download the windows 10 update assistant
- select Run. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.
- On the License terms page, if you accept the license terms, select Accept.
- What do you want to do? page, select Upgrade this PC now, and then select Next, wait for the upgrade to get to 100%.
Note: After downloading and installing, the tool will walk you through how to set up Windows 10 on your PC. All Windows 10 editions are available when you select Windows 10, except for the Enterprise edition. For more information on Enterprise edition, go to the Volume Licensing Service Center.
If you don’t have a license to install Windows 10 and have not yet previously upgraded to it, you can purchase a copy here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-windows-10.
If you previously upgraded to Windows 10 on this PC and you’re reinstalling it, you don’t need to enter a product key. Your copy of Windows 10 will automatically activate later using your digital license.
- When Windows 10 is ready to install, you’ll see a recap of what you’ve chosen, and what will be kept through the upgrade. Select Change what to keep to set whether you would like to Keep personal files and apps, or Keep personal files only, or choose to keep Nothing during the upgrade.
- Save and close any open apps and files you may be running, and when you’re ready, select Install.
- It might take some time to install Windows 10, and your PC will restart a few times. Make sure you don’t turn off your PC.
After a successful setup/upgrade, you can now enjoy windows 10 to the fullest…
For any question, contribution or suggestions, kindly state them in the comment section of this article.